Waterfall in Your Garden
Grottos and waterfalls should not be considered just one of the options in garden decoration. They are able to give an amazing peace that allows a person to step back from his usual problems. Ferns and other perennials are often used to improve the aesthetic features of the grotto. You need to put a lot of effort to create this marvelous beauty in the garden. This will take a lot of tools and materials.
Waterfall: Striking Element in Your Garden
Waterfall in the garden
For waterfall you will need flagstone, agrotextile, pebbles, overflow, plants and soil. Its design is carried out using spray paint, foamed sealant and flexible liner. You will need the following tools: a shovel, builder’s level, stationery knife, water pump. Choosing of stone depends primarily on the future style of the waterfall.
Sequence of work on waterfall setting
1. Choosing a location and preparation. The mainsail must be well integrated into the surrounding space. It is better to pick up a plot with the slope, from which the water will drain. Use spray paint to delineate the future grotto. Prepare a recess along the contour. Its perimeter can be planted with flowers. After that, bring a hose from a pump to the grotto.
2. Setting an overflow. It is the equipment that allows you to move the water from the pond to the top of the grotto. It is mounted on the waterfall. Flagstone serves as an area for the overflow.
3. Riverbed of the waterfall for the grotto is pressed into the ground, using stones. Thereafter, they must be removed. Lay agrotextile on the ground. Then cover it by cladding so that the edges were well pressed.
4. Distribute foamed sealant on the flagstone. Verge of stones should be placed on the same level. They are corrected, if necessary.
5. Overflow is secured around the headwaters with the same foamed sealant. The structure itself is covered by fieldstone. For the proper setting it is necessary to wait for one to three days. After that, you can overstep the installation of the pump. Pond sides are faced by stones.
6. Once the overflow is installed, you can connect the overflow and the pump. You will only need to lay decorative pebbles on the bottom of the pond, and large stones on the pebbles. Plant flowers and plants to decorate the grotto. Using natural soil and peat, taken in equal proportions, as a feeder layer for the plants.
Before the launch, it is worth checking the tightness of the entire structure. This is done by pre-launch, after the water is pumped, it is necessary to wait a little and make sure that water is not leaking. With the right choice of place, stone and plants, as well as a competent setting, you can get a great decoration for your garden.