Top Twelve Christmas Garland Decorating Ideas
You probably know that there are tons of Christmas decorating tips for the tree posted on the Internet. Still, decorating with garland is neglected very often. But there are plenty ways to enhance your Christmas décor with garland! Here are twelve creative ideas for decorating railing with Christmas garland. These Christmas decorating ideas are sure to put you in a festive mood.
Comlement you Christmas home look with refreshening garlands!
1. You can find lengths of Christmas garland at a crafts supply store or in most stores which sell Christmas decoration. A simple garland of artificial greener usually does not cost much. You can add your own creative details to dress it up.
2. Christmas garlands made from recycled materials are a green choice. Visit a reputable dealer of eco friendly house wares to find out what is available.
3. Dress up store-bought Christmas garlands with your own festive touches. Try to coordinate the garland colors with the style of the room. Below are some ideas for accents which you can add to a garland.
4. Intertwine garland with beads. Inexpensive old beaded necklaces and jewellery make greenery sparkle.
5. Another idea is to add a pretty ribbon to garland. There are two ways to do this. You can intertwine a red or gold ribbon with the garland for a colorful accent. Alternatively, tie bows around the garland at intervals to create a swag design.
6. Christmas garlands look lovely on railing as well as mantels, banisters and other woodwork.
7. Accent Christmas stockings with a Christmas garland. However, it is important to keep this in mind when decorating fireplaces. Never decorate with garland where it is at risk of catching on fire.
8. Natural accents such as acorns and pinecones make pretty accents for Christmas garland.
9. For extra glimmer, add metallic decorations to garland such as gold and silver ribbons or ornaments.
10. Lightweight Christmas ornaments add interest and color to a Christmas garland. Hang a few bright ornaments in the garland to make it really grab your attention.
11. Outdoor Christmas Garland which is made especially for display outside can dress up your house. Outside is another place to try decorating railings with garland.
12. Decorating with garland can give your home a free-spirited and joyous look for Christmas. A final tip is to make sure that Christmas Garland is hung safely and securely for satisfying results.