How To Remove Mold From Outdoor Carpet
Outdoor carpeting makes for attractive decor, but it can take more upkeep than indoor carpet. As green mold needs moisture to grow and thrive, outdoor carpet can be a breeding ground for the nasty spores. And mold isn’t just an eyesore. It can be dangerous and toxic. The good news is that in most cases, it’s pretty easy to clean up. All you’ll need is a few household cleaning supplies and a little elbow grease.
Instructions on removing mold from outdoor carpet or rug:
Step 1. Let the carpet air dry if it is still wet.
Step 2.Vacuum the dry carpet until most of the visible mold is gone.
Step 3.Throw away the vacuum cleaner bag in an outdoor trash can. If you use a bagless vacuum, clean the canister thoroughly as soon as possible. Don’t leave the mold in your house as it could be a health hazard.
Step 4.Put on cleaning gloves. If you are worried about inhaling mold spores, you may want to wear a surgical mask.
Step 5.Mix two parts water to one part bleach, and use this solution to scrub the carpet with the sponge. This should get rid of the rest of the visible mold.
Step 6.Put the carpet in the sunlight to dry. The sunlight will help to eradicate any surviving mold.
Incoming search terms:
- how to clean outdoor carpet
- how to get mold off outdoor carpet
- how to remove mold from outdoor carpeting
- how to clean mold off outdoor carpeting
- How to clean mold off outdoor carpet
- cleaning outdoor carpet
- clean mold on outdoor carpet
- how to remove mildew from outdoor carpet
- how to remove mold and mildew from outdoor carpeting
- how to remove mold from an outdoor carpet