Lawn of Groundcover
Neither beautiful garden does not arise “by itself”. It definitely needs good care, continuous monitoring of the state of plants. But we still have a chance to significantly reduce the labor necessary to maintain it in good condition. We are talking about planting perennial groundcover. They are very unpretentious. They do not need constant watering and even fertilizers. And the appearance of these plants is incredibly aesthetic.
How to Make Lawn of Groundcover
Lawn of groundcover
In order to sow a lawn with groundcover it is enough to have their seeds, a shovel and a garden wheelbarrow. The procedure is carried out just in a few steps:
1. Preparing of a pattern. We should define the future appearance of the lawn before the purchase of the seeds. An ideal option in this case is to draw a pattern on paper using colored pencils. You will mark both color and pattern. A lawn with groundcover will significantly decorate shadow areas of your garden.
2. Typical conditions for the site are also of great importance. The objective is to obtain a lawn, which will not need intensive care. So choose the plants, according to their characteristics. For example, dark sites are suitable for saxifrage, fragrant violet or epidemium. If the plot is quite sunny, it is possible to plant thyme, sedum, etc.
3. The time of planting. Better time for planting the lawn is the end of May or early June.
4. Preparing of fertile soil. The soil needs to be loosened by removing the most serious weeds.
5. Sowing and seed placement. Do not forget about the sealing of mineral fertilizers.
6. Regular watering. The quality of your future lawn depends on watering. It should be done in the evening or early in the morning. It provides plant protection against sunburn.
7. Fall dressing with fertilizers. In order to make plants well tolerated to winter, you need to feed them with phosphorus-potassium fertilizers.