Making Pinata Tips
Is it time for the special event in your or somebody else’s life and you have planned to make a piñata for your party celebration? Then you need some useful and necessary tips that will help you to make the best ever piñata. The piñata will leave the most memorable occasion in your family, among friends, or even colleagues. Make your party celebration the best in the world with the following tips.
A Colorful Piñata
Making Piñata Tips
- Do not ever use duct tape to make a piñata! It would be practically unbreakable.
- Fill the piñata with individually wrapped pieces of candy. Bulk candy may be cheaper, but keep in mind that the contents of the piñata will spill all over the floor and kids will eat them no matter where they have fallen. Buy cellophane and individually wrap bulk sweets, if you choose this option.
- Do not limit your decorations to crepe paper! Feathers, glitter, and fake flowers all make festive decorations for a piñata.
- Try making a themed piñata for your party. You could decorate a fish with shiny scales cut out of Mylar or tin foil, or create a flower with petals made out of large pieces of crepe paper.
- Instead of cutting a flap open, you can leave a hole at the top of the balloon (i.e., do not cover it with papier-mâché) and fill the piñata through this hole.
- Use a punch balloon for a bigger piñata.
- You can tape a string to the top of the piñata in order to hang it, but this is not very secure. If you want the piñata to stay up longer, punch two holes in the piñata and pass the string through the holes. For extra reinforcement, pass the string through a plastic lid from a coffee can or use a cardboard tube from an aluminum foil roll.
- To make the piñata strong and let it stay as long as it can, then it is better, if you wrap the yarn or string that will be used to hang the piñata along with the paper strips and papier-mâché on the balloon, preferably after the second or the third layer of the strips.
Hope this tips will help to you make a nicely decorative and creative piñata. Enjoy it!